Since the City of St. Augustine’s founding in 1565, St. Johns County has been home to smart, sustainable development. As one of the first two Florida Counties, it’s also home to the #1-ranked K-12 public school district in Florida, and is the healthiest county in the state. The quality of life in St. Johns County is unmatched – the nation’s oldest city with old-world charm and unique attractions, acclaimed coastal communities that are home to the PGA Tour and ATP Tour, thriving agricultural areas, and world-class suburban neighborhoods offering richly diverse lifestyles.
Businesses can tap into a highly skilled and educated workforce, very low tax position, regional airport with on-site customs, and fiber-optic connectivity with significant open space ripe for future development.
- Carlisle Interconnect Technologies
- Flagler Hospital
- Florida School for the Deaf and Blind
- Northrop Grumman
- Ring Power Corporation
- Florida Army National Guard
- The PGA Tour
Facts about St. Johns County
- Population: 226,640 (15th fastest growing county in the U.S. 2010-2015)
- Labor Force: 116,040
- Median Home Price: $263,511
- #5 in CNN Money's Best Places to Live: Where the Jobs Are
- One of SB&D's "Dixie Dozen" - Most Active Small Markets in Capturing Manufacturing Sector Projects
- Healthiest County in Florida, six years in a row
- St. Augustine #1 U.S. Destination for Travel by Money Magazine
- Flagler College ranks #2 in the U.S. News & World Report's Best Colleges guide for the "Best Regional Colleges in the South"