We're so proud of JAXUSA and the results that followed the 2012 Innovate Northeast Florida Strategy that our team developed for the region. Their remarkable results are proof that a strong strategic vision, a commitment to excellence, creative marketing and an energized team really pay off. On the marketing front, in 2013 the JAXUSA Partnership:
• Invested in a new website.
• Saw website traffic increase by 10,000 visitors.
• Earned 622,594 impressions through trade publications. (That's right: 622K!)
In other rankings:
• Forbes ranked the region as one of the fastest growing regions for high tech jobs.
• Jacksonville was acknowledged as one of the cities 'Winning the Battle for the Biggest Growth Sector in the US' by Forbes. During the past decade, Professional, Scientific & Technical Services jobs have nearly doubled, the largest increase among the country's 51 largest metropolitan areas.
• FDi Intelligence ranked Jacksonville in the top 10 for infrastructure and FDI Strategy.
• Jacksonville was ranked 7th on Forbes' list of US Cities Getting Smarter the Fastest. Over the past decade, the number of college graduates in the metropolitan area jumped nearly 50%.
• Jacksonville was named 3rd Happiest City in the US for College Graduates by Forbes.
• In 2013, Jacksonville hosted the inaugural One Spark event, an international crowdfunding festival.
We looking forward to seeing more great news from JAXUSA in 2014.