Developing a fresh supply of talent aligned to industries’ current and future needs is a focus of JAXUSA Partnership. Unlike other areas of the country, Northeast Florida has distinct advantages that make this alignment easier including:
- One primary workforce board for the region, which is highly responsive to business needs
- One school district per county; district lines are county lines
- Consolidated county and local government in City of Jacksonville/Duval County
- Two state colleges linked by one system and that are in collaboration with each other
- One state university and one private university focused on undergraduate education
- One state research university recognized nationally for patent development and tech transfer
Our public and private schools – from pre-K to graduate school – have unique programs such as STEM advocacy; high school career academies; magnet programs; education and business partnerships, internships and externships; veterans’ services; and much more.